Crunchyroll has revealed that it will begin streaming the anime adaptation of Myōjin Katō‘s The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (Shijō Saikyō no Daimaō, Murabito A ni Tensei Suru) novels in April for the spring 2022 anime season.
With the anime premiering in April, the cast and staff have been unveiled.
- Mirai Minato (The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!) is the director
- Yushi Ibe (Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya: Prisma Phantasm) is the assistant director
- Character designer Takayuki Noguchi (Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway) is the character designer
- Michiko Yokote (The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!) is writing the series composition
- SILVER LINK. and BLADE are co-working on anime production
- Ayaka Ohashi will perform the opening theme song, “Be My Friend!!!”
The upcoming series is described as such:
The most powerful Demon Lord in history, Varvatos, felt that he had accomplished everything he could as a king. Because he was so alone due to how powerful he was, he longed for a much simpler life. A few millennia later, he is reborn as the villager, Ard Meteor. But in the future where he was reborn, magical civilization had declined and magic itself had become weaker.
Ard enrolls into the Academy of Magic with his childhood friend Ireena and no matter how much he tries not to stand out, he can’t hide the fact that he is not ordinary.
He is constantly surrounded by people awestruck by him, and many try to approach him. Meanwhile, the demons of the world who once struck fear into the hearts of the people have also gone into hiding…
Will the former Demon Lord be able to achieve the peaceful and mundane life he’s always dreamed of? A heroic academy-life fantasy filled with chaos is about to begin!
Katō launched the novel series in 2017 with illustrations by Sao Mizuno.
Are you thinking of watching this one?
Madly in love with anime and football...... it's disturbing.