The debut of the TV anime adaptation of My Senpai is Annoying manga draws closer and a first promo video for the anime title has been released.
The promo video was posted on the official website of the upcoming anime. The video announces and previews the theme songs, and also announces that the premiere is on October 9.
My Senpai is Annoying (Senpai ga Uzai Kōhai no Hanashi) is authored by Shiro Manta.
Cast members for the anime have also been announced. The anime will star Tomori Kusunoki as Futaba Igarashi and Shunsuke Takeuchi as Harumi Takeda.
Characters Futaba Igarashi, Tōko Sakurai, Natsumi Kurobe, and Mona Tsukishiro (as voiced by their cast members) are singing the character song “Annoying! San-san Week!” as the opening theme song.
Another cast member, Yui Horie, is singing the ending theme song “Niji ga Kakaru made no Hanashi” (The Story Across the Rainbow). The staff list for the anime project contains an impressive roster of experienced veterans too.
CAST AND STAFF
The staff includes:
- Ryota Itoh (episode director for Sing “Yesterday” for Me, Ping Pong, Aikatsu Stars!) directing the anime at Doga Kobo (Sing “Yesterday” for Me, Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater)
- Yoshimi Narita (Beet the Vandel Buster, I★CHU: Halfway Through The Idol) overseeing the sequence scripts
- Shigemitsu Abe (Killing Bites) as the character designer
- Takeshi Takadera (Yowamushi Pedal, RIN-NE) as the sound director
- Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Dr. Stone, Children of the Whales) composing the music
More confirmed cast members are Saori Hayami as Tōko Sakurai, Reiō Tsuchida as Sōta Kazama, Reina Aoyama as Natsumi Kurobe, Yui Horie as Yūto Sakurai, and Aoi Koga as Mona Tsukishiro.
The series is described thus –
Igarashi is a hardworking young office lady. Takeda, the senpai above her at work, annoys her constantly–and yet she finds herself growing closer to him. Every day is filled with comic mishaps and romantic moments as Igarashi tries to balance work, life, and love. This full-color manga–which started its life as a webcomic–is sure to charm audiences of workplace comedies like Aggretsuko and The Office!
The comedy manga series began in 2017 and has since gone on to win several awards, winning a place in the hearts of many manga readers.
What’s your POV on this upcoming anime?
Madly in love with anime and football...... it's disturbing.