The official website for the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Shinichi Fukuda’s My Dress-Up Darling (Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru) manga revealed a new visual and the anime adaptation’s staff members.
The staff members were announced on this year’s 21st issue of Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine. The romantic comedy and slice of life series are getting a well-deserved anime adaptation soon and the staff list seems appropriate for a project of this size.
The staff includes
- Keisuke Shinohara (Black Fox, A3! Season Spring & Summer) who is directing the anime at CloverWorks
- Yoriko Tomita (As Miss Beelzebub Likes, Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won’t Lose) is in charge of the series scripts
- Kazumasa Ishida (Kiznaiver, Saekano the Movie finale character design assistant) is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director
- Takeshi Nakatsuka (Magical Girl Ore, Brothers Conflict) is composing the music
- Akiko Fujita is the sound director
ABOUT THE STORY & MANGA
Square Enix publishes the manga and it is described as such:
Traumatized by a childhood incident with a friend who took exception to his love of traditional dolls, doll-artisan hopeful Wakana Gojō passes his days as a loner, finding solace in the home ec room at his high school. To Wakana, people like beautiful Marin Kitagawa, a trendy girl who’s always surrounded by a throng of friends, is practically an alien from another world. But when cheerful Marin–never one to be shy–spots Wakana sewing away one day after school, she barges in with the aim of roping her quiet classmate into her secret hobby: cosplay.
The My Dress-Up Darling manga launched in Young Gangan in January 2018. Square Enix published the manga’s sixth volume in November 2020. Square Enix Manga & Books publishes this manga in English.
Such an adorable anime! Do you think that you will watch it when it comes out?
Madly in love with anime and football...... it's disturbing.