Genshin Impact has been out for almost two years now and the game is yet to offer any news about playable Dendro characters. Players can find a lot of information about Dendro Archon, Sumeru, and Dendro vision users from World Quests. Recent leaks have finally shed some light on Dendro’s elemental reactions.
Including Dendro, there are six other elements, and it appears that Dendro will possibly not react to three of these existing elements:
Read more about Genshin 3.0 leaks about Dendro characters and more HERE.
Genshin Impact: Recent leaks suggest Dendro may not react with Cryo, Anemo, and Geo elements
the burning reaction caused by dendro and pyro seems to eat at health faster than corrosion? though switching active characters does stop the burning unlike corrosion. pretty funky i wonder what other dendro mechanics are in the works pic.twitter.com/xk5NaFXThg
— peppi 🍃 (@borbodor_) October 21, 2021
One of Dendro’s reactions, called Burning, has existed in the game for the longest time. This reaction is triggered when Dendro and Pyro react with each other.
Fortunately, the latest leaks from credible sources have revealed some of the reactions that may have been found through data-mining, suggesting that Cryo, Anemo, and Geo elements will not react with Dendro. Many in the community have expressed their concerns about the reason behind such development.
Based on the latest leaks, Dendro can only react with Electro and Hydro to trigger the following reactions:
- Intensified: When Electro and Dendro react with each other, electro particles will be dropped and increase Dendro & Electro DMG dealt with affected enemies.
- Overgrown: It is triggered when Hydro and Dendro react with each other. The reaction will drop seeds that grow Mushrooms. Applying Hydro on these Mushrooms will deal AoE Dendro damage to nearby opponents.
[Intensified] 🌱 x ⚡[Overgrown] 🌱 x 💧
– drops 1 electro particle
– dendro and electro damage to affected enemy is increased for 7s
– drops seeds that become mushrooms
– mushrooms explode upon Hydro application and deal AoE Dendro damage
Dendro doesn’t react with ❄️, 🌪️or 🪨
— Genshin Intel (@Genshin_Intel) April 24, 2022
How does the new Dendro reaction affect the meta?
Keep in mind that the information mentioned in this article is from the latest leaks, and it may change once official announcements about this are made. Twitter users have made some valuable arguments about how the new Dendro reaction can lead to subtle changes in the meta.