The ultimate gamble is about to begin!
The official website for the live-action film of Toshio Sako’s Usogui (The Lie Eater) manga began streaming a new teaser trailer (below) for the film based on the gambling-themed manga.
The 30-second teaser trailer introduces the protagonist Baku Madarame’s signature phrase, “You’re a liar.” 25-year-old Ryusei Yokohama (Hikari Nonomura / ToQ 4gou in the 2014 Super Sentai TV series Ressha Sentai ToQger) is cast as Baku Madarame.
Film production was announced back in 2016 as the manga’s 10th-anniversary project. The trailer shows that the film is set to be released in Japan on February 11, 2022.
Apart from the movie’s opening date, the trailer also reveals five new cast members for the film.
New cast members include:
- Kanata Hongō as Kirō Mekama, an observer with both brains and brawn
- Hiroaki Murakami as Hikoichi Yakō, an observer alongside Kirō
- Mai Shiraishi as Ranko Kurama, a casino owner whose house always wins
- Shohei Miura as Ikki Sadakuni, a mad scientist who steals both money and lives away from people of power
- Kaito Sakurai as Sōichi Kiruma, the “lord” at the peak of the gambling world
ABOUT THE STORY
Usogui’s story centers on a high IQ genius gambler, Baku Madarame, who is called Usogui (the lie eater), in a head-to-head psychological battle for life and death with top cheaters at Kakerou, a black-ops club that controls Japan’s political and business world.
Madly in love with anime and football...... it's disturbing.