Months after it was announced that Death Note stars will be reuniting in this live-action movie, the official website for the live-action film of Tetsuya Tsutsui’s noise manga began streaming the film’s full trailer (below).
The film will have Ken’ichi Matsuyama and Keita Fujiwara playing the roles of Jun Tanabe and Keita Izumi. These two actors have also worked together in the Death Note live-action films.
The film is set to premiere in Japan on January 28, 2022.
The website also unveiled the film’s poster art (below).
Among the staff, Ryuichi Hiroki directed the movie and Sho Kataoka writes the script. The music for this film would be composed by Yoshihide Otomo, who’s a multi-instrumentalist and leader of Ground Zero.
The trailer reveals eight new cast members for the film. The newly revealed cast list includes the following:
- Ayumi Itō as Chihiro Aoki, Hatakeyama’s detective partner
- Yoshi Sakō as Shōichi Yokota, a farmer’s son
- Takaya Sakoda as Jirō Noge, the town mayor’s aide
- Kazuki Namioka as Yoshiaki Sakai, a member of the town’s revitalization bureau
- Akira Emoto as Shōkichi Yokota, a farmer who is a neighbor to Keita and Jun, and who is key to the story
- Kimiko Yo as Hanae Shōji, the mayor of Shishigari Island who constantly thinks about how to revive the town
- Susumu Terajima as Masa Okazaki, Shinichirō’s senior at the local police
- Mayu Tsuruta as Hitomi Moriya, Shinichirō’s mother
ABOUT THE MANGA
Tsutsui launched the noise manga in Grand Jump in December 2017 and concluded it in January 2020.
The manga is set in a rural hunting town that has been suffering from a steadily shrinking population due to aging and migration over the course of many years. But when the town begins producing a product known as the “black fig,” it begins bringing money and opportunity back to the town. The story begins when Keita Izumi, a caretaker of a black fig plantation, meets a man with an air that is ill-fitting for the town.
Madly in love with anime and football...... it's disturbing.