Fist of the North Star, the classic tale of the legendary martial artist, Kenshiro, is getting a musical soon.
The official Twitter account for the Fist of the North Star stage musical adaptation of Buronson and Tetsuo Hara‘s Fist of the North Star manga has revealed some cast members.
It revealed cast visuals of Raoh, the eldest of the four Hokuto brothers and the protagonist Kenshiro’s strongest enemy, as well as Yuria, Kenshiro’s fiancée.
Dancer and actor Yūsuke Ōnuki (The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED‘s Daisuke Kanbe) stars as Kenshirō.
Both Raoh and Yuria will be played by a double cast.
Shōichi Fukui and Shuntarō Miyao are both cast as Raoh.
Singer-songwriter Ayaka Hirahara and anisong singer May’n are cast as Yuria.
The previously announced cast includes:
- Kazuki Katō and Ryūnosuke Onoda (double cast) as Toki
- Tatsuya Kawaguchi as Ryūken
- Takuya Uehara and Kandai Ueda (double cast) as Shin
- Kanata Irei and Rio Uehara alternating as Rei and Juuza
- Yuri Shirahane as Tou, Toyo
- Rinko Matsubara as Mamiya
- Ao Watanabe as Bat
- Rena Yamazaki and Hana Kondō (double cast) as Lin
The announced staff list includes:
- Music: Frank Wildhorn
- Director: Sachiko Ishimaru
- Script and Lyrics: Ako Takahashi
- Choreography: Zhao Ming
- Cooperation: COAMIX
- Organized by: Horipro / Hakuhodo DY Media Partners / Ranspace
- Planning and production: Horipro
The stage musical is a co-production among HoriPro, Hakuhodo DY Media Partners, and Shanghai-based theatre performance company Ranspace, in collaboration with Coamix.
The production will hold its world premiere at Tokyo’s Nissay Theatre in December, before other regions of Japan next January, and will travel on tour to China. Tickets will go on sale this fall so check the musical’s official website for updates.
Madly in love with anime and football...... it's disturbing.