The Twitter account for the new anime, Back Arrow, released a promo video for the television anime. This announcement contains key visuals, an extended cast, and the anime’s premiere date (January 8).
This anime is blessed with a popular, star-studded staff list including Code Geass director, Goro Taniguchi, who will direct the new TV anime series. Seasoned writer, Kazuki Nakashima, the writer behind hit series such as Kill la Kill, Promare, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann will be in charge of writing the episodes.
— TVアニメ『バック・アロウ』公式 (@backarrow_info) December 11, 2020
Back Arrow is described thus- Ringarindo is a land surrounded by a wall. The wall conceals, protects, cultivates, and nurtures this land. The wall is god, the foundation of Ringarindo.
One day, a mysterious man named Back Arrow appears in Essha village on the outskirts of Ringarindo. Arrow lost his memories but says that all he knows is, “I came from beyond the wall.” To restore his memories, Arrow heads out beyond the wall but is embroiled in a battle with himself as the stakes.
The series will follow the main protagonist, Back Arrow, who taps into a special power to summon forth a special mech armor suit, Briheight. Yuuki Kaji stars as the titular character, Back Arrow.
Cast List & Production
Goro Taniguchi and Kazuki Nakashima are both collaborating on this project with Aniplex while the TV anime will be animated by Studio VOLN. Director Taniguchi has tapped record-breaker, LiSA, to perform the opening for the new anime.
LiSA is the artist behind Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba hit song, “Gurenge”. LiSA has also performed themes for anime such as Sword Art Online and My Hero Academia. As for Back Arrow, the new opening will be called “dawn”, and you can get a tease of it in the newest trailer for Back Arrow from the anime’s official Twitter.
— TVアニメ『バック・アロウ』公式 (@backarrow_info) November 5, 2020
The released cast list includes:
- Kunihiro Kawamoto as Burk Lean, the Essha village headman
- Tomokazu Seki as Sola Athin, Essha village’s doctor
- Reina Ueda as Annie, an Essha child
- Sara Matsumoto as Jim, an Essha child
- Maria Naganawa as Sam, an Essha child
- Anna Nagase as Tom, an Essha child
- Aya Suzaki as Atlee Ariel, the young female sheriff of Essha village
- Ari Ozawa as Elsha Lean, the granddaughter of the Essha village head
- Kensho Ono as Bit Namital, the joker and mood-maker of Essha village
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Kai Rhodan, an unrivaled general in the Rekka empire
- Tomokazu Seki as Shū Bi, the magistrate of the fate temple
- Megumi Han as Ren Sin, a soldier in the Rekka empire
Back Arrow will run for two courses so it is expected to have around 24 episodes. The mechs of the series are known as the “Briheight” and are designed by Hidetaka Tenjin, who has previously provided mech designs for franchises like Macross, Genesis of Aquarion, and Mobile Suit Gundam.
The promotional video highlights Essha village, while another promotional video for the Rekka Empire will debut on December 18, followed by a video for Harmonious Principality of Ryuto on December 25.
Mecha anime fans, this one is most definitely for you! How excited are you for this new anime and the creative quality behind the production?
Madly in love with anime and football...... it's disturbing.